Friday, March 5, 2010

Blogless

I know I've been "blogless" this week!  I seem to be suffering from slight shin splints from Sunday's run and I haven't done much this week in terms of exercise - ugghhh!  You can imagine how I feel about that.  I did get a good swim on Wednesday in.  I ran on Thurs, but it was just a light, short 2 miles to see what I was up against.  It felt ok.  Today I went outside for a light, short 2 mile run and I was in pain almost the whole time.  ANNOYING!  I went to a great shoe store Fleet Feet tonight and got some new shoes.  I don't want to talk about the fact that this is my 3rd pair in a month!!  So I'll rest and ice for a few more days and maybe go for a longer run on Monday or Tuesday.

Thought you'd enjoy a picture (make sure you pay attention to the pretty swirls in the inside of the shoe!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

has anyone given you any advice for doing stretches and stuff for shin splints?? I ran cross country in high school and at times would put upwards to 40-50 miles on my body in a week... anyway, we did a lot of stretching, weights and massages, etc... make sure you are stretching!! :)

kelly said...

fleet feet is who go me back up and running. the right shoes are a must. enjoying your blog jen!

KimG said...

Hey Jen, I suffer from shin splints a lot and soaking my shins in warm epsom salt water really helps. Just a thought if you can't get relief. The blog is great BTW.