Thursday, February 4, 2010

My First Entry!

I LOVE talking about exercising and so I thought why not start a blog!  So here I go.....I've learned a lot and I continue to learn.  Most importantly I have fun with exercising - I train, I participate in great events and I get my friends & family involved!

I woke up at 5:50am to go swimming yesterday.  I was not in the pool until about 6:25am.  I couldn't seem to get moving fast enough.  After my initial 500m (20 laps) warm-up, I stopped and looked outside.  It was still dark, but the snow was still falling.  It was so pretty and so peaceful.  It just made me feel good and I enjoyed the rest of my workout a little more with that snow visual.

I'm currently training for a 1/2 marathon that I'll be doing with my little sister in April.  I'm on a 12 week training schedule.  My longest run so far in my training has been 6 miles and I do about 16 miles a week.  I'm enjoying training, but I sure do miss biking and swimming.  I'm not doing a lot besides running - I still get swimming and biking (and step & spin!) in, but my intensity level is way lower - just trying to maintain those other sports at the moment.

My life isn't 100% about exercise, so don't worry I'm sure I'll have other stories for you.  Why "Trek to Fitness?"  I have a Trek bike and it took me about 1 min to find that the title wasn't taken, so why not!

Subscribe to my blog to continue being updated on my adventures!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Jen! I am subscribing to your blog because I'm fascinated. Exercise is a "foreign" world to me, although I hope that will change in the near future. I have a blog, too, if you ever want to check it out. It's completely different in nature -- mostly about my adventures with Ethan. The link is http://openupandletgo.blogspot.com/. See you at MOPS tomorrow!! :)

KatelynWaite said...

Welcome to blog world! 'I am woman hear my roar!' hahaha

Anonymous said...

Staying fit for me is about feeling like I could "nail-it" if life decides to throw me a curve ball :)... It's about the strength I feel, rather than the way I look!!
Love this, very inspiring!